3.10.09

Jesus Army Life - Love affair

Do you ever sit back and just drink life in? I don't mean take time to appreciate it, I mean to suck all of its wonder and dynamism into yourself, to know that there is something greater, more powerful, of deeper richness, than you out there and that the very air throbs with its being?

I say 'out there' which is technically incorrect because I feel I am and believe you are a very part of it and yet the source, the power station of this life, is beyond us - unknowable but interactive, inexhaustible and yet intimately close; closer than our brother scripture teaches, closer than my breath I once heard someone declare.

Do you ever stop to listen to his pulse, his harmony? Do you ever just stop to know him, and feel like you are curiously peaking behind the scenes and only to discover animated life in greater intensity, sparkling, infectious, glorious in its effervescence. It feels like breathing in something photo by eggman of flickr.com
new and yet you are simply drawing in the magnificence of God, coming close to the veil, stepping into the thin place.

And all that I feel is joy. And there are times when I've done this, just paused to acknowledge God as deeply as possible from the itch in my toe to the babbling of my thoughts, from the breeze of air to the noises of motion, and simply found myself laughing in humility, embarrassment and delight.

None of this begins to describe the sensation of God's Spirit within or around me, that is something entirely different. It is simply my soul grooving on a celestial vibe - somehow knowing the irrepressible, almighty creator because I choose to let everything sing his glory and he has insisted that his glory be known.

And I don't think that this even come close to describing a small part of what it is to know him. It is barely a facet of the love affair with the divine.

photo by eggman of flickr.com

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6/10/09 09:26

    It is great to see you back on your blog because, not only do you have a message to bring, but you write with a quality that is deserving of your cause. In medieval times ordinary people built beautiful cathedrals while artists created great paintings and sculptures inspired by the beauty of their faith and as acts of worship. It is rare today for anyone to employ great art in the same way, but you are now using the talent to write poetry and prose that you were given, and you must be commended for creating pieces that amount to worship of the one who gave you your talent. Keep it coming.
    What I find surprising is the lack of comment as I'm sure you have not lost all your readers due to your all too long absence. Much of what you write is thought provoking, but where are the comments especially for example on your visit with that delightful old nun?

    ReplyDelete