28.2.06

Jesus and His Army - Jesus Army Life, Day 226

On Saturday we all went to a big church celebration in Birmingham. There were 29 of us there in all and at one point some of the newer guys were presented as 'Jesus Army soldiers' on stage. I can't tell you how proud I was to see them up there - it wasn't the fact that we had done something great, it was simply that these guys had become part of the family. We love 'em.

The event was unashamedly 'Jesus Army' and I loved it. Sometimes I wonder about getting the balance right between focussing on Jesus the Head and the church his Body. Is it possible to fully acknowledge one without paying attention to the other? No one can worship Jesus without being fully committed to seeking the good of his Church, no one can be fully committed to the church without a desire to put Jesus first before all things. At Birmingham however, we seemed to be fully for Jesus, fully for his Church and it was great.

Seek first his kingdom and his righteousnes
Matthew 6:33

There was difficulty too for one of the couples. The husband had taken ill and they had to go home early, a small matter in itself, but we have no desire to see this illness become troublesome in the long term. Needless to say, while everyone else enjoyed themselves they found the experience quite difficult.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous28/2/06 16:39

    yes all of the white stone youngsters but me! i wasnt asked to go up and people say it was because i didnt sit with u lot well i did untill i got bored of being ignored like noone spoke to me!! hmpf i felt well rejected and also James was supposed to come n pary for me coz i was a new baptised member but that also didnt happen i know he was ill but it didnt help i felt rejectecd for like a second time in a matter of 2 hours. ani way that was why my day at brum was hard why was it for you tschka? but before i leave on a rubbish note me ruth lil n calre all got well filled with the holy sprt it was amazing i couldnt stop laughing for about an hour it was great i couldnt even stand up wow god is amazing even when we are feeling as like low as low he always manages to lift us up.... if we let him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww mate, it wasn't all of them, others were missing too :(

    Sorry you felt ignored. Just last last week someone was saying how pleased they were that you were getting to be friends with the rest of the crew. I agree, you're made of sturdy stuff and have such a lot to give. I'm rooting for you.

    Did no one pray for you during the baptised members bit at all? (I was backstage directing) As your big brother I insist we'll have to make sure it happens next time.

    You're great mate, you know I rate ya, and thanks for being honest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1/3/06 09:49

    D'D'J Said...
    Bethan, I didn't even realise you thought you were being ignored. I first saw you sat with someone, who I presumed to be 'J' ;o)~ With you having been a part of the church for longer than I, I tend to think of you as being an integral part of the family already. Your usually in the centre of things so it's easy to forget or not even realise, sorry.
    So I'd like to take this opportunity to say, I'm well pleased that your part of our growing family! Your Baptism was a great day, one we all enjoyed. I look forward to being a witness to your achievements in the church in the future! And If I can be half as good at evangelism as you I'll feel like I'm getting somewhere. Feeling wanted and loved? (I hope so) Chin up Bethan - we are all the richer for having you with us.

    DJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2/3/06 20:26

    sob sob! thanks! ive only just realised who D J is its darren! and yes thea prayed for me ut she was a bit run over etc with other people like Cordy Abi etc... but yeah thanks guys feeling the love!

    ReplyDelete