22.1.06

Catching up - Jesus Army Life, Day 191

Okay, if you were worried about me, life's better - everyone has occasional bouts of melancholy. Life's better... but it feels all over the place. Any new year's resolutions (and I'm not admitting I had any) are firmly out of the window. So, we pick ourselves up and start again...

Actually, in truth, life feels pretty good again. The other night I was present at the baptism of a loyal friend of mine. It is a victory that has been a long time coming. We baptised her in the old coach hall of Cornhill, one of the oldest and biggest community houses in the church. She had a lot of spiritual words given to her which is a testimony of how much she is valued. Meanwhile, in the other room, there was a youth gathering on sex and relationships which by all accounts was pretty good stuff...

On a personal note, I remembered recently that I joined the Jesus Army because I wanted a church whose people were serious about God, serious enough to commit together in every way to be a new society of Jesus people. In my experience that is pretty rare among churches though not exclusive to us. I know churches full of committed individuals, I've been part of them, but I truly love being part of a church where people are committed together.

No comments:

Post a Comment