27.1.06

The clothing store - Jesus Army Life, Day 196

The other day I cleared my room out, it's amazing how much stuff you can accumulate, especially considering I'm trying to live as simply as I can. I had loads of papers I no longer needed and I had too many clothes too. I tend not to buy clothes but pick them up from the 'clothing store' instead. The clothing store is organised by our community to receive unwanted clothes and provide them for those who need them, so I go there every so often, in particular because I've needed some casual trousers and tops. However, all I seemed to be picking up were T-shirts I liked, the type of trousers I wanted were never there.

Anyway, I cleared out all my stuff, and realised I only had one good pair of trousers left. Resolving I was going to have to buy some new clothes I prayed that God might somehow provide some. You'll have to forgive me, I'm not stingy (at least, I don't think so) I've just got into the habit of liking the fact I don't have to buy stuff if I don't need to. It's gratifying to feel that you're circumventing the great capitlist system I suppose.

To cut a long story short, last night, a well-dressed friend of mine told me that he had some clothes he was throwing out because he had lost weight... (lol - oh the jealousy). So, it seems like the prayer was answered... another happy ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment