20.4.06

All of a blur - Jesus Army Life, Day 269

When I've got my head together I'll talk about the Alive Weekend Festival: four days of national church gathering, sharing vision, receiving the Spirit. It's all a bit of a blur to me at the moment, I know there was some convicting stuff going on and a powerful move of the Spirit too, but looking after the video team and a few young disciples seemed to dominate much of my spare head space. I decided to give my heart to Jesus even if my head couldn't take it all in... and that's why I need to let things settle first. But I probably won't ever get time... it's the Power Weekend in three weeks! Life goes too fast.

Some of the household has taken time off to re-centre ourselves and the household in its own part of the vision and the work of the church (not me, I had to work yesterday and a couple of others are working today). Still yesterday sounded interesting. I returned home to find the house filled with teenagers (a couple of girls had brought their mates around). Everyone had been doing DIY/garden work together - something we used to do as a whole church in the early days and still do a little... harvesting gooseberries, plums etc. In the morning there had been a workshop on 'Being a disciple - teachable and up for challenges'. It sounded pretty good. The mandatory trust exercise was being helped across a road blindfolded! Disciplines were handed out too (I've spoken about those before). In the evening we had some teaching on what it means to be a disciple - lots more spiritual stuff on moving in the power and life of Jesus.

So, as you can tell, a lot to take in. Hope it settles eventually.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous20/4/06 14:30

    Yes this church certainly likes to have lots & lots of meetings. Trouble is if you have too many you can be at risk of 'doing much' and yet lacking understanding of faith. I would like to see more selah times as we only seem to pay lip service to this. It's all very well having goals and targets for church growth but if the Lord Jesus is not at the centre of it all then it no surprise people can feel overstretched/stressed/pressured and at times empty.

    'DD'

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mandatory trust exercise was being helped across a road blindfolded!

    Another trust game/exercise that might be fun to try is the 'feed me' one.To do this you'd need a variety of mouth sized things..some nice,some not so nice.Anything from a freshly dug earth worm to a smarite.To object is to be blindfolded and then trust that a usually very will volenteer something that is on the nicer end of whats on offer.

    Might be something to try so as to have a variety of trust games to play...the other one of letting yourself fall backwards into waiting arms and not be dropped is a good one too >>>>>>>not one I'm good at tho,lol.

    ; ) The TJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry missed some detail in that explaination on the 'feed me' game,thats what happens when your train of thought gets broken.

    ok, so where was I

    One person is to be blindfolded,then a volenteer selects a mouth sized item.Asks the one that is blindfolded to open their mouth in trust and then 'feed' them.I have played this one myself a few times and when there are earth worms on iffer it can be quite hard to trust a somewhat mischievous friend not to pop one in your mouth.

    ; ) The TJ

    ReplyDelete