22.4.06

Highs and lows - Jesus Army Life, Day 271

The Build Time has been going well, especially since one lass who was visiting decided to give her heart to Jesus. It's been a time of building relationships, and for the younger folk especially, a time to challenge their depth of faith. These times are of great importance because they set us up for the year ahead.

Yesterday we took a trip to Burton Dasset to run and play in the hills. There was a lot of rolling down hills and hilarity. For a large part of the afternoon many of us played a game of 'capture the fortress' which seemed to stifle as the opposing teams found themselves in a stale mate - any risk that was made just never really seemed to pay off. I often find these outings prophetic of the year to come, but if this one was anything to go by then we're going to be a people who don't really know what we're doing, frustrated by the opposition. Still, we remained together in the challenge so there is hope.

More frustratingly, I lost my phone somewhere along the line and I've been kicking myself ever since. I had a lot of valuable contacts on that phone. Grrrr.

(If you know I should have your number, email me.)

2 comments:

  1. By any chance was that Emma that gave her life to Jesus? The week at home has been quite fun but I suppose I'll save all that for my own blog... Well at least I finally found your blog... Cya on thursday! As you said earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Andy it's two lasses now, so you'll have to guess even harder!

    Hello Lan :)

    ReplyDelete