20.9.05

Quality investment - Jesus Army Life, 69

Time is moving swiftly at the moment. I woke up early this morning thinking about God and all the things I had to do. We have a young homeless chap staying with us for a few nights. I'm trying to help sort him out for work and accomodation, God willing. Later, I woke him up too with a list of things he needs to accomplish today.

Last night he came with me to help me interview a friend on video (part of my work). He's certainly a canny lad and someone I hope I'll know for many years to come.

At the moment it feels like life is moving very quickly. I have so many things to organise and friends to look out for, I'm learning to involve some friends in the things I'm doing. Eternity will be worth nothing if it isn't at least filled with snatches of time given to others, a quality investment into the relationships that matter.

Remember that there is a meaning beyond absurdity. Be sure that every little deed counts, that every word has power. Never forget that you can still do your share to redeem the world in spite of all absurdities and frustrations and disappointments.

Abraham Joshua Heschel

No comments:

Post a Comment