7.3.06

We must not wither - Jesus Army Life, Day 233

This weekend a disciple and I planted a couple of trees in the community house garden. One of the trees, a Victoria plum, had a rotten root and I'm waiting to see if it survives. Over the years I've seen a few folk come and go but I've also seen those who have grafted themselves into White Stone life. I hope this young man will be one of those; he is keen and willing, he's taking part in meetings and longing to gain more of the Spirit life. Hopefully we'll be working together and calling many others to be disciples for years to come.

Should they thrive the trees we planted could live longer than both of us. My own dream is that, as we continue to nurture Kingdom of Jesus life among us, through the fruit we produce the Christian church might also become deeply rooted in the UK once again and send out its shoots across the world.

2 comments:

  1. I planted some beech trees ...over 15 years ago now, not all have grown but many have...makes you think that whatever you do in this life will have lasting effects after you've gone...well, does for me.

    ; ) The TJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd say how about planting some real seed(of good works, of prayer, of hope, of faith, of God's love for them) in people's lives to make their lives better.How much impact du think that can have...I think its important we learn what Jesus did through His life...that so many would be saved and has had continues impact on the lives of so many 2000yrs since.

    ReplyDelete