22.8.05

Jesus Army Life, Day 40: Joy and pain

As expected the time with my brother and sister-in-law went well. Several people were away at lunchtime but that made conversation at the table a little easier. We went out to Coombe Abbey afterwards. I'd forgotten how beautiful the area was.

The great day was tainted however by an argument I had with a Christian brother late in the evening. It really was too late and I lost my cool, but there were apologies before "the sun went down."

The next day was church. The same brother impressed me by giving some thought to what I'd said. Nonetheless there are some bridges to rebuild now. Sigh.

2 comments:

  1. But the beauty of community
    is that falling out is not an option.

    Don't get me wrong, peeps do, big
    time, but outside community people
    dump relationships, and, well, go away. But in community, one has to face up to the person you fall out with. 'Cause you often live with them.

    Y'married to everybody - whatever your style. :)

    By the way, looking at your
    pic, were you the JA member formally known as prince? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a fan of Prince, so I'll take that as a compliment (not that I modelled myself on him).

    ReplyDelete